Recipe for Cajun Chicken Fettuccine – Colorful veggies and traditional Cajun seasonings combine with rotisserie chicken to quickly create this spicy chicken dinner.
- 3 cups water
- 1 box Chicken Helper® fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 3/4 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 3 cups cubed deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 2 1/2-lb chicken)
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat 3 cups water to boiling. Stir in pasta (from Chicken Helper box). Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender. Drain; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt margarine over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and bell pepper; cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, mix milk, sauce mix (from Chicken Helper box), Italian seasoning, paprika and ground red pepper. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat. Cook uncovered 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato pasta sauce, vegetables and chicken. Cook uncovered about 3 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated. Serve over pasta.
Recipe and Photo: Pillsbury.com
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com