Recipe for Key Lime Bars – Classic Key lime pie taste in a bar! These easy-bake citrus bars are a refreshing treat for everyday or on any dessert buffet.
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (about 3 sleeves) graham crackers, crushed
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons butter, chilled
Key Lime Filling:
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Shredded coconut for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for the crust. Mix with a fork or pastry blender. Press to the bottom of a greased 9-inch square baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix condensed milk, lime juice and zest; set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with whisk attachment, beat 2 cups whipping cream on high speed with a teaspoon of sugar until stiff.
- Fold the whipped cream into the lime mixture. Pour over crust, and sprinkle with shredded coconut if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
To make this recipe completely no-bake, mix 1½ cups crushed graham crackers, a tablespoons of sugar with 4-5 tablespoons melted butter. Press to the bottom of your pie dish and proceed with the rest of the recipe as directed.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com