Recipe for Baked Banana Bundles – These Baked Banana Bundles have the flavor of a rich, caramel Bananas Foster, but are portable and perfect for a picnic.
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 17.3 oz package Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place mashed bananas in a medium bowl. Pour in brown sugar and vanilla. Mix together until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the sheet in half lengthwise. Using a rolling pin, roll out each piece into a 15×5 inch rectangle. Cut each rectangle crosswise to make 3 5-inch squares. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet. This will make 12 squares total.
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of the banana mixture into the center of each square. Fold each corner into the center over the filling, and sealing by pinching the pastry dough together.
- Place the filled pastries onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush each pastry bundle with milk.
- Stir the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Sprinkle mixture over each bundle.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes until the pastries are golden brown. Remove from the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack until ready to serve.
Recipe and Photo: Shari’s Berries
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com