Recipe for Sweet Soy Glazed Chicken – These sweet and sticky chicken drumsticks are easy to make and everyone loves them. Great as an appetizer or as a main dish served with rice and a veggie.
- 1 tbs dark rice wine (may use white wine)
- 2 tbs sugar
- 3 tbs black rice vinegar (may use balsamic vinegar)
- 4 tbs soy sauce
- 5 tbs water
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- In a bowl, mix dark rice wine, sugar, black rice vinegar, soy sauce, and water. This will be the Swiss sauce.
- Heat a deep skillet with vegetable oil. Place drumsticks with front side down and pan-fry for 10-15 minutes on medium-low heat, or until golden. Flip the drumsticks to the other side and pan-fry for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and bring it to a boil with high heat. Turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 20 minutes on one side, and another 20 minutes on the other side. Close the lid during simmering.
- Turn to high heat and let the Swiss sauce reduce. Stir the drumsticks occasionally to avoid burning. Turn each drumstick and make sure every single side is saturated with the sauce. Repeat the stirring and turning action until the sauce becomes bubbly and sticky. Turn off the heat and the dish is done.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com