Recipe for Strawberry Scones – These delectable scones were so easy to make, with the entire cooking time not taking more than 30 minutes in all; now doesn’t that make you want to try it too?
- 3/4 Cup - Strawberry Greek Yogurt
- 2 Cup - All-purpose flour plus extra for dusting work surface
- 1/3 Cup - Sugar plus 2 T for sprinkling (mildly sweet, increase to ½ Cup if you like it sweet)
- 2 Tsp - Baking powder
- ½ Tsp - Baking soda
- ¼ Tsp - Salt
- 4 Tbsp - Cold unsalted butter cut into ¼-inch cubes
- ½ Tsp – Lemon Zest
- 1 Cup - Fresh strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add butter and using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Stir in strawberries, lemon zest and then gently incorporate yogurt, and knead it just enough to make it into a dough ball. Do not over mix.
- Turn dough onto a heavily floured work surface. Pat it into 1 inch thick circle. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Arrange wedges on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and sprinkle tops of scones with remaining 2 T sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Recipe and Photo: Life Scoops
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com