Recipe for Bruschetta Chicken Pasta – This recipe is so amazingly delicious!! One of my absolute favorites! I don’t know if anyone has ever had this at TGI Fridays, but this recipe taste exactly like the original!
This recipe is so amazingly delicious!! One of my absolute favorites! I don’t know if anyone has ever had this at TGI Fridays, but this recipe taste exactly like the original!
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (about 4 medium tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts (about 3 breasts)
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound uncooked angel hair pasta (1/2 of a box)
For Finishing The Dish
- 8 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 4 teaspoons minced parsley
- Make the bruschetta marinara by combining the tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, olive oil, white vinegar, garlic, pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Marinate the chicken by combining the water, salt, paprika, and liquid smoke in a medium bowl. Pound the chicken breasts until about 3/4 inch thick, then add to the marinade, cover, and chill for exactly 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill to high heat. When the chicken has marinated, remove the breast from the brine, rinse each under cold water, and blot dry. Rub each breast with oil and sprinkle with a little ground black pepper. Grill the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked.
- Break the pasta in half and cook it for 4 minutes in a large saucepan of boiling water. Strain.
- To prepare each serving, preheat a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the pan and one quarter of the cooked angel hair pasta. Add 1/2 cup of the bruschetta marinara and 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese and toss with tongs until hot. Turn out the pasta onto the center of a plate and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Slice the chicken breasts and arrange one quarter of the chicken around the pasta, then sprinkle 1 teaspoon of minced parsley. Repeat for the remaining servings.
Recipe and Photo: Food Snobs
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com