Recipe for Taco Stuffed Shells – Pasta shells get a south of the border makeover when filled with taco ingredients and your favorite salsa. It is so good you may want to double the recipe, so you can freeze some to enjoy later!
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning, 1 envelope
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 12 Jumbo Pasta shells, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- sliced olives
- sliced avocados
- In a skillet brown meat over medium heat. Add taco seasoning and mix to combine. Add cubed cream cheese, cover and simmer so cream cheese can melt. Remove from heat and cool.
- Fill cooked shells with about 1-2 T. of meat mixture. In a 9×13 glass baking dish pour salsa to coat the bottom of dish. Place filled taco shells on top then add taco sauce. Cover and bake @ 350 for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover, and sprinkle cheese on top, return to oven for another 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve with sour cream, and toppings of your choice.
Recipe and Photo: SA Organics
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com