Recipe for Spaghetti Nests – Have you ever made spaghetti nests? They are ever so cute, quick to make and most importantly, very tasty!
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked according to directions.
- 8 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 cup parmesan cheese + additional for garnish
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sauce of your choice.
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, cook and crumble Italian Sausage then drain excess fat.
- Add in 2 cups of sauce and heat for a few minutes, then remove meat/sauce mixture from the heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, Tobasco Sauce, crushed red pepper flake and pasta. Stir to combine.
- Pour egg and pasta mixture over meat and sauce mixture. Use tongs to incorporate.
- Using tongs, place enough noodles in a muffin cup to fill it. Twirl/twist the pasta as you are placing it in the cup to form nests.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the sides and tops are starting to brown.
- Allow the Italian Love Nests to rest for 5 minutes, then use a knife to run around the edges of each muffin cup. I used a spoon to help get each cheesy pasta cup out of the tin and onto a plate.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com