Recipe for Rice Stuffed Red Peppers – Here is a recipe for a meatless stuffed red pepper. Instead you have fresh mushrooms, onion, rice and two types of cheese.
- 4 medium sweet red bell peppers
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease and oven proof dish with about 1 Tablespoon olive oil.
- Wash the red peppers and cut the tops off. Scoop out the seeds. Set aside while you prepare the stuffing.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, add the onions and cook 4-5 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and cook one minute longer.
- Add the finely chopped mushrooms and cook a few minutes until tender.
- Place the cooked rice into a mixing bowl.
- Add the cooked onion/mushroom mixture and stir in.
- Stir in the salt,pepper and crumbled feta and mix to combine.
- Divide and stuff the red peppers. Divide and sprinkle the grated mozzarella on top. Put the tops onto each one.
- Place in the baking pan and place into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until heated through and lightly browned on tops.
- *Note: If it is browning to quickly, just tent with aluminum foil while they are baking.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com