Recipe for Dulce de Leche Brownies – My favorite brownie recipe amped up with creamy caramel rivers of dulce de leche.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 12 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (i used chips)
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1-2 cups dulce de leche
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your baking pan (mine was 13x8 inches) with one sheet of aluminum foil that covers the bottom and reaches up the sides.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the chocolate pieces or chips and coffee powder and stir constantly over very low heat until the chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa powder and salt until smooth. Mix in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the sugar, vanilla, then the flour.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Take one-third of the dulce de leche and drop spoonfuls, evenly spaced, over the brownie batter, then drag a knife through to swirl it slightly. spread the remaining brownie batter over, then drop spoonfuls of the remaining dulce de leche in dollops over the top of the brownie batter. Use a knife to swirl the dulce de leche.
- Bake for 30-45 mins. the brownies are done when the top is set and the center is just slightly firm.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting them up.
Recipe and Photo: food is luv
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com