Recipe for Pina Colada Mini Muffins – These little guys are perfect for a quick snack or breakfast when you’re running out the door. They’d also be perfect for lunch, if they don’t disappear first!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (or 2/3 teaspoon rum extract)
- 2 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons (half a stick) of butter, melted (and browned, if you like)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (with the juice)
- Extra shredded coconut for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Add brown sugar and coconut and stir until blended.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together rum, egg whites, and melted butter. Stir in crushed pineapple with juice. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Prepare a mini muffin pan (grease it lightly if it’s not non-stick, or add mini muffin cups if you wish). Evenly distribute the batter into the pan.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until they’re a nice golden color and you can stick a toothpick in the center of a muffin without crumbs sticking to it. If you wish, you can quickly pull the muffins out after about 10 minutes and sprinkle each with a little extra shredded coconut for a nice topping, and then return pan to the oven for the rest of the baking time.
Recipe and Photo: Megg
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com