Recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake – This is the ultimate pumpkin cheesecake. It has a unique gingersnap crust and rich, luscious swirls of cheesecake and pumpkin. If you want something extra special you have to try this recipe.
This is the ultimate pumpkin cheesecake. It has a unique gingersnap crust and rich, luscious swirls of cheesecake and pumpkin. If you want something extra special you have to try this recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mix together the crushed gingersnap cookies, pecans, and butter. Press into the bottom, and about 1 inch up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake crust 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla just until smooth. Mix in eggs one at a time, blending well after each. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture. Blend 1/4 cup sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg into the remaining mixture. Spread the pumpkin flavored batter into the crust, and drop the plain batter by spoonfuls onto the top. Swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect. (I piped the white mixture with a ziplock bag into a swirl effect instead)
- Bake 55 minutes in the preheated oven, or until filling is set. Run a knife around the edge of the pan. Allow to cool before removing pan rim. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Recipe and Photo: Foodstuff
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com