Recipe for Bruschetta Chicken – One pan and 30 minutes is all it takes to turn plain chicken into a flavorful, light and healthy meal!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- If the chicken breast are not equal in thickness, pound them down slightly. Sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- In a large oven-safe pan or skillet, heat the olive oil, onion and garlic over medium heat for a few minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes total, 3 minutes per side. You want the chicken browned on the outside. The chicken will not be cooked through yet.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes and slightly cover the chicken. Place the pan into the oven for 15-20 minutes (depends on thickness) or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature 165F degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and add the basil. Stir slightly.
- Serve immediately. Leftovers stay fresh in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com