Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Twice Baked Potato Casserole – Potatoes, sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onion – all the goodies we love to indulge in, baked into one delicious dish!
Twice Baked Potatoe Casserole
Potatoes, sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onion – all the goodies we love to indulge in, baked into one delicious dish!
- 9 medium russet potatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk (if potatoes are too thick)
- 1 jar bacon bits, or a half pound of bacon, fried and cut into bits, or cut into bits and fried
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- canola oil to fry in
- sour cream, if desired
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Scrub and pierce potatoes several times with a sharp knife. Bake potatoes at 350° for about an hour, or until potatoes give when squeezed gently with an oven-mitted hand.
- When potatoes are done, cut in half and carefully scoop out insides, leaving about a 1/4-inch layer of potato inside. Set skins aside.
- For the Twice Baked Potatoes in a Dish:
- Place potato insides in a large bowl or the bowl of a standing mixer. Mix briefly to break potatoes down a little. Add cream cheese, sour cream, butter, chopped garlic, and about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon or so of pepper. Beat until thoroughly mixed, but don’t mix to the point of gumminess. If the mixture seems really thick, add up to 1/2 cup milk to smooth it out to the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spread potato mixture into the prepared pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes at 325°.
- Immediately after removing from oven, cover the top with 1 cup of cheese. Then sprinkle with about 2/3 of the bacon and sliced green onions, if desired. Allow to sit for about 10-15 minutes before serving. The heat from the potatoes will melt the cheese perfectly.
Recipe and Photo: Foodie Tale
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com