Recipe for Greek Marinated Chicken – The marinade takes just a few minutes to stir together and creates an absolute explosion of flavor. It’s incredible.
The marinade takes just a few minutes to stir together and creates an absolute explosion of flavor. It’s incredible.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 medium lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley
- 3½ to 4 lbs chicken pieces
- To make the marinade, combine the yogurt, olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper in a bowl. Use a fine holed cheese grater or a zester to scrape the thin layer of yellow zest from the lemon skin into the bowl. Also add the juice from half of the lemon (about 1-2 Tbsp). Stir until the ingredients are well combined. Roughly chop a big handful, or about ¼ bunch, of parsley and stir it into the marinade.
- Add the chicken pieces and marinade to a gallon sized zip top bag. Remove as much air as possible, close the bag tightly, and massage the bag to mix the contents and make sure the chicken is well coated. Refrigerate the bag for 30 minutes.
- After marinating for 30 minutes, either cook the chicken on a grill OR preheat the oven to 375 degrees in preparation to bake the chicken.
- To bake the chicken, place the chicken pieces in a large casserole dish (9x13). Bake the chicken in the preheated 375 degree oven for 45-60 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
Photo: John Herschell
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com