Recipe for Sweet and Sour Pork – This is an authentic sweet and sour pork recipe that is better than your favorite Chinese restaurants.
- 1 pound pork butt, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 egg white
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- white sugar to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Place cubed pork in a medium bowl, and season with 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon sugar, and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Mix in the egg white and green onions. Cover, and place in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Heat 1 quart oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C) in a large, heavy saucepan or deep fryer.
- Coat the pork with 1/2 cup cornstarch, and fry in the heated oil about 10 minutes, until evenly browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir in the celery, green bell pepper, and onion, and cook until tender. Season with salt and sugar. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, mix 1 cup water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 3/4 cup sugar, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, and 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce. Bring to a boil, and stir in the cooked pork, celery mixture, and the pineapple chunks with juice. Return to boil, and mix in 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1/4 cup water to thicken. Cook until well blended.
Recipe and Photo: All Recipes
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com