Recipe for Basic Cheese Pizza – This recipe is foolproof, and I hope you enjoy it Note: you may want to add more cheese and sauce.
- 1/4 ounce dry yeast
- 1 cup water, lukewarm
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- In a glass or plastic bowl, combine yeast, water, and sugar (the water can just be water from the tap, make sure it’s below 100°F).
- Stir to dissolve the yeast and let the yeast “bloom” for 15 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup flour, add salt, and then stir in another cup of flour (the remaining cup of flour will be your “bench” flour and added flour).
- Dump mixture onto kneading board and work in last cup of flour, kneading until dough is soft and elastic, but not sticky. Form dough into a ball.
- In another bowl, pour in the 1 tbsp olive oil and spread around.
- Coat ball of dough with oil and cover bowl with a damp towel and let dough rise for 40 minutes.
- Punch down dough and knead on board about 2 minutes. Dough is now ready to spread in the pan.
- To avoid sticking of crust, lightly spray pizza pan with olive oil or vegetable oil spray and then work dough to pan (or use free form pan) – this dough is enough for 1 14-in pizza with a thin bottom crust and enough dough around the edge to munch.
- Combine pureed tomatoes, tomato paste, minced garlic, and basil.
- Spread onto prepared pizza dough.
- Top with sliced mozzarella cheese and bake at 500°F for 11-13 minutes.
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: Food.com
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com