Homemade Chicken Nuggets – The best part is knowing exactly what’s in these little chicken goodies and knowing there aren’t any preservatives or mystery ingredients either.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1½ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ teaspoon of parsley flakes
- ¾ teaspoon of oregano
- ¼ (heaping) teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ (heaping) teaspoon of pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups of flour
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 cups of canola oil
- Heat oil in a heavy-duty skillet or saucepan on medium-high heat. Set a candy thermometer in place.
- While oil is heating, cut chicken breasts into cubes, then place in a food processor. Process chicken into a fine paste. Transfer processed chicken to a bowl. Combine salt, parsley, oregano, onion powder, and pepper, and sprinkle over chicken. Combine well.
- Whisk eggs together in a small bowl. Combine the flour and salt and put it on a plate.
- Measure chicken paste out with a cookie scoop and roll into 42 balls.
- Roll ball in flour, then coat with egg, and then coat in flour again. Use your fingers to press the ball down to make a nugget.
- Once oil reaches 350-365 F place as many nuggets as possible in the oil, and fry until the bottoms are golden, turn and fry until the other side is golden, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove to a towel-lined plate (to catch any excess oil).
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com