Recipe for Pumpkin Pudding Trifle – This is a fall favorite at our house. It looks elegant, but could not be any easier to make.
- 2 boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 loaf brioche, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup French herbal liqueur (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- In a medium bowl whisk together the pudding mix, cold milk, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk for 2 minutes until the pudding thickens, set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the brioche cubes in a shallow bowl. Pour liqueur over the top and let soak for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl combined sour cream, honey and cinnamon. Mix until well blended.
- In a trifle dish, layer half of the brioche, then half pudding, then remaining brioche and remaining pudding so that you have 2 layers of each. Top with a dollop of the sour cream mixture and sprinkle with butterscotch chips.
If you want to make individual serving sived trifles, simply follow the above steps. When it comes time to place everything into your dish, just use smaller amounts than what is listed above.
Photo Courtesy of Personal Creations
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com