Recipe for Long Boy Burgers – Step up your burger game with this recipe, and never go back to plain old burgers again.
Step up your burger game with this recipe, and never go back to plain old burgers again.
- 2-4 (6-inch) sub rolls, split in half lengthwise
- 1 1/4 cup cornflakes, crushed
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup whole or lowfat milk
- 6 tablespoons ketchup, separated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds 90% lean ground beef
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Adjust the oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bake rolls, cut side up, on wire rack inside rimmed baking sheet until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Combine cornflakes, onion, milk, 4 tablespoons ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, garlic powder, egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in large bowl. Add meat and knead gently until well combined.
- Top toasted rolls evenly with meat mixture, spreading meat to edges of rolls. Brush top of meat mixture evenly with remaining ketchup and bake until meat registers 160 degrees, 20-25 minutes. Top burgers with cheese and continue to bake until cheese melts, 3-4 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes. Serve.
Recipe and Photo: Sunshine and Bones
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com