Recipe for Lazy Daisy Cake – There is just something deeply satisfying about this cake’s sweet, almost caramelized, topping in combination with the soft fluffy interior.
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbls. unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 9 Tbls. unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 Tbls. evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
For the cake:
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 13, broiler safe baking pan (Do not use Pyrex). Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside. Heat the butter and the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until melted. Stir in the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs and granulated sugar with an electric mixer on medium high until pale and thick, about 6 minutes. Fold half of the flour mixture into the egg mixture, then stir in 1/2 of the milk mixture, stir the other half of the flour mixture into the egg mixture, then stir in the other 1/2 of the milk mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Let cool slightly in the pan, about 10 minutes. Heat the broiler.
For the topping:
- In a medium bowl, melt the 9 Tbls. butter in the microwave. Add the brown sugar, evaporated milk, and the coconut. Spread the mixture on top of the cake.
- Place the cake back in the oven and broil until the topping is bubbling and starts to brown, about 3-4 minutes. Serve Warm.
Recipe and Photo: Sunshine and Bones
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com