These egg boats are a new breakfast favorite because they literally take less than five minutes to prep. Sourdough baguettes filled with sausage, eggs and lots of cheese, baked until hot and toasty… so so good!
- 4 demi sourdough baguettes (I found them in the bakery section of the grocery store)
- 1 (7 ounce) package of Pork Sausage Links
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream or fat free half & half
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, grated
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cut and pull out the middle of all 4 sourdough baguettes, leaving ½ inch of bread in the bottom and on the sides. Set baguettes aside. Prepare sausage according to package directions. Cut links into bite-size pieces and set aside. In a medium bowl, lightly beat together the eggs and the cream. Whisk in remaining ingredients and sausage. Evenly divide and pour the mixture into each baguette boat. Place all 4 baguettes on a baking sheet and bake for 25-28 minutes or until set in the center. Allow boats to cool for 10 minutes, cut and serve.
Enjoy this amazing and beautiful recipe and many more at:DinnerorDessert.com
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com