Recipe for Eggs Benedict Casserole – A casserole version of a breakfast classic. It is perfect for any brunch spread.
- olive oil for sauteing
- 6 English muffins, cut in half and quater each half
- 1 large leek white and light green part only cut into 1/4 inch thick half moons
- 12 oz Canadian bacon chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp. chopped chives
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a 9 X 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Place the English muffins in a large jelly roll pan and bake in the oven for 15 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat and add the leek, cook for about 4 minutes. Stir occasionally. Increase the heat and add the chopped bacon and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Remove the toasted muffins from the oven and place in the prepared pan. Reduce oven to 350 degrees and spoon the leek mixture over top of the muffins.
- Next in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, dry mustard, chives, heavy cream, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour the egg mixture over top of the leek and bacon. Bake in over for 40 - 45 minutes until golden brown.
- For the Hollandaise I used a packet of Knorr's dry Hollandaise sauce and followed the package directions.
Recipe and Photo: The Big Giant Food Basket
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com