When I was a kid, I remember always going straight for the jello if it was being served. My favorite was layered jello that was firm enough to be held in your hand, not jello eaten from a bowl with a spoon. My aunt was kind enough to give me the recipe she used since she knew how much I loved it!
For each colored layer:
- 1 3 oz package jello
- 1 pack or 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
For the white layer:
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 packs or 4 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- Mix each jello color separately in containers. Let stand till room temperature, stirring occasionally. Mix up white layer and also let stand till room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Pour first color into 9×13 dish. Refrigerate till firm. Put 1/3 of white layer in next. Refrigerate till firm. Repeat till done.
- If all mixtures are at room temperature, it takes only about 7 minutes to firm up each layer so you can add the next one.
Recipe and Photo credit: MamaBear on nibbledish
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com