Egg rolls are filled with cream cheese, ricotta, and sugar and topped with fresh fruit. Mmmmm! Definitely chic and crowd pleasing!
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Fresh Berries
- 1 package Egg Roll Wrappers
- 8 Tablespoons Cream Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Ricotta Cheese
- 2-½ Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 whole Egg
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- Canola Oil
- Heat 1-inch of canola oil in a large saute pan (about 325 degrees F).
- In a bowl, whisk-mix the cream cheese, ricotta, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the powdered sugar until thoroughly blended.
- Beat egg and milk together.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of cheese mix in the center of the back of each egg roll skin and place about 5 berries in the center of the cheese mixture.
- Brush the egg wash around the edges of egg rolls skin and fold left and right sides of skin in about 1/2-inch, and then roll from back to front, ensuring that the roll is sealed. Like a burrito, more or less, except closed on top as well.
- Place in oil and cook both sides until golden brown. Remove onto paper towels to drain for a few minutes.
- Dust with cinnamon and sugar and top with whipped cream (if desired, of course).
Any fresh fruit of your choice will work, but berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries) are best because the liquid content is lower and makes for a better turn out.
Recipe and Photo: Foodgasm
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com