Recipe for Fresh Peach Ice Cream – The result was absolutely amazing, and everyone who tried it agreed.
- 2 cups diced peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup milk
- Make sure you’re ice cream maker is all ready to go before you start, some require time in the freezer before they are ready to use, others use ice and epsom salts.
- The peaches should be peeled first so they have a smoother texture in the ice cream. I find the best way to do this is score the skin, drop in boiling water for about 30 seconds, then submerge in ice water. This softens the very outer layer of the peach so the peel comes right off.
- Dice up the peeled peaches and put in a medium bowl with the lemon juice, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and a sprinkle of sea salt. Keep this mixture covered in the fridge for 2 hours, stirring a few times. After the peaches have been sitting for that long some of the liquid will have come out, creating a syrup. Strain to separate the peaches from the syrup, set both aside.
- Whisk the eggs until until they are fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Then slowly whisk in the rest of the sugar (1/2 cup) until well incorporated, then the cream, the milk, and finally the peach syrup.
- Process this mixture in your ice cream maker according to its instructions. Once it has thickened and is done mixing, stir in the diced peaches, then freeze in a separate container until firm.
Recipe and Photo: jacqueline
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com