This is the ONLY rib recipe you will ever need. Sticky and sweet. Absolute perfection!
FOR THE RIBS
- 1 (1.5 liter) bottle of Coca-Cola (not diet!)
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 racks baby back ribs (about 4 pounds)
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2/3 stick unsalted butter
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1½ tablespoons yellow mustard
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coca-Cola (not diet!)
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, add the (1.5 liter) bottle of Coca-Cola, onion, garlic, bay leaves and peppercorns. Add the ribs and, if necessary a bit of water just to ensure the ribs are submerged completely. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer, turning the ribs occasionally, until the meat pulls away from the bone, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce combine the butter, onion, garlic, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and (12 ounces) Coca-Cola in large heavy sauce pan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for about 25 minutes stirring often until sauce is thickened and reduced. Season to taste with salt and pepper and let cool slightly. Using a blender, puree the sauce.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Remove the ribs from the pot, pat dry, season with salt and pepper and brush liberally with the sauce. Grill, turning often, until charred on the outside, about 8 minutes. Loosely tent the ribs with foil and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting into individual ribs. Serve extra sauce on the side for dipping.
Sauce can be made up to 5 days ahead and stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
Recipe and Photo: Laura’s Best Recipes
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com