Homemade Rock Candy is incredibly easy to make, it just takes patience. There are so many variations using string, sticks, etc. We’ve taken bits and pieces of what we found online (and our own trial and error) and here is how we successfully made rock candy at home.
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugars
- paper and binder clips
- food coloring
- 1 quart jars or glass
- cotton strings
- Food Coloring
- Ice Cream Sticks
- 1 Quart Jars Or Glass
- Sterilize the glass jar and paper clip by boiling both in water for a few minutes.
- Tie a short piece of kitchen string to the middle of a pencil or Popsicle stick.
- Attach the paper clip to the end of string. (The clip will weigh the string down - this is important later.)
- Moisten string lightly and roll in sugar (this helps the crystals form on the string).
- Place the pencil or stick over top of a jar. Make sure clip is in the bottom of jar and the string hangs straight down into jar.
- Heat 1 cup water to boil.
- Dissolve 2 cups sugar in boiling water.
- Add a few drops food coloring if you like.
- Pour sugar syrup into jar and leave for 2 to 3 days or until crystals form on the string.
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com