If you’ve ever been to Aloha Isle in Disney World or Tiki Juice Bar in Disneyland then I’m sure you know all about the Dole Whip. It’s the ultimate in Disney desserts with its refreshing pineapple taste and creamy texture. Now you can enjoy this cool treat anytime you like with the easy 3-ingredient recipe shown below. Enjoy!
- 3 cups pineapple sherbet, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) tub Cool Whip or other non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 4 tablespoons pineapple juice, chilled
- Optional: 8-10 drops yellow food coloring
- Place 3 cups of the softened pineapple sherbet into a blender. Scoop the entire contents of the tub of whipped topping into the blender. Add the pineapple juice. You can add the food coloring if you like but it is not necessary. Blend on high for 1 minute. Turn off and remove from motor. The whipped topping will remain on top so take a long utensil and fold it into the sherbet on bottom. Now replace the lid and blend again for another minute. Remove and mix by hand one last time. The mixture should now look like a yellowish milk shake.
- Take a gallon-size freezer bag and place it into a large cup or bowl. Fold back the edges so you have a wide mouth to pour into. Begin pouring the Dole Whip into the freezer bag, making sure to scrape the sides of the blender. Seal the bag and place in freezer for 2 1/2 – 3 hours until firm but not solid. It should have a soft-serve texture. Remove from freezer and snip off 1 1/2-inch from one of the bottom corners of the bag creating an opening to squeeze out the Dole Whip. Twist the top portion of the bag like it was a cake icing bag and begin squeezing the Dole Whip into your serving cup or dish. Just like soft-serve, right?
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: TheDisneyDiner.com
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com