Recipe for Chicken Florentine – This is one excellent Chicken Florentine dish that is highly recommended. It is not hard to do and consists of 5 simple steps.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2/3 cup bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Melt a little butter in saucepan over medium heat and sautee mushrooms and spinach. When spinach is done, remove from heat and spread on the bottom of a 9X13 dish.
- In same saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Stirring constantly, mix in the garlic, lemon juice, cream of mushroom soup, Italian seasoning, half-and-half, 1 cup of the mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese until cheese is melted.
- Arrange uncooked chicken breasts in the dish on top of spinach and mushrooms, and cover with the sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Bake 25 minutes in the 350 degrees F (200 degrees C) oven.
- Sprinkle remaining cup of mozzarella on top and continue to bake for 10 more minutes.
- Serve over angel hair pasta or white rice.
Photo: laura k under a Creative Commons liscense
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com