Recipe for Ranch Potato Salad – I have kept this recipe a ranch secret, but I have decided to share it. This is my variation of a French classic garlic potato salad.
- 5 pounds red potatoes
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian salad dressing mix (such as Good Seasons®)
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two.
- In a bowl, whisk together the dry Italian dressing mix, tarragon vinegar, water, and olive oil until thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- Place the hot potatoes into a large bowl, and roughly but thoroughly slice them with a table knife until the potatoes are in chunks. Pour the dressing mixture over the hot potatoes, toss to coat, and let the potatoes cool. Add the celery, bacon bits, dill pickle, and green onion to the potatoes; lightly stir in mayonnaise until all ingredients are well combined, and serve.
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com