I humbly submit for your approval BLT Pasta Salad. It combines subtle herbs with peppery arugula and fresh tomatoes, all held together by a creamy base. Most importantly, it’s finished with a modest portion of ever-delicious bacon.
- 3 cups corkscrew pasta
- ½ cup milk
- 10 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes
- ½ arugula, packed
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the pasta in salted water according to the package’s instructions. Drain and rinse, then pour into a large bowl. Mix in the milk and set aside.
- Cook the bacon on medium heat until crispy. Remove from pan and crumble. In a separate pan, bring 1 tsp of the bacon drippings to low heat. Add the garlic and thyme, allowing it to cook for no more than a minute. Pour the garlic and drippings into the bowl of pasta and mix. Stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream until thoroughly incorporated.
- Halve the grape tomatoes and add them, along with the arugula, to the pasta. Gently toss to coat the vegetables. Mix in all but 1 tsp of the bacon. Stir in the parsley, parmesan, salt and pepper. Garnish with the remaining bacon and additional parsley. Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photo: thecheesepusher
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com