This delicious chicken recipe is both easy and elegant. Fresh mushrooms are sautéed in butter and garlic then tossed in cream that’s flavored with Marsala. Your family will think you slaved over a hot stove for hours! Try this quick and easy dinner.
- 6 oz.sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil (plus additional to sauté mushrooms)
- Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 2 cups Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Cooked pasta, if desired
- Slice mushrooms and pound chicken breast with a mallet between 2 sheets of wax paper to about 1/4 inch. Dredge breast in seasoned crumbs.
- Heat a heavy stainless or cast iron pan (don’t use non-stick). Add the butter and the olive oil till butter melts and is bubbly. Add chicken breast and brown on both sides.
- Remove browned breast. Add additional olive oil and saute mushrooms and garlic.
- Deglaze pan with wine.
- Add browned chicken breast back to pan. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 min.
- Remove chicken from pan. Add cream and reduce sauce 50%.
- Serve over cooked pasta, if desired.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Foodista
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com