This is the smoothest, creamiest, AND richest cheesecake I have ever had. This is definitely my cheesecake recipe for life.
- 2-3 cups Oreo cookies – cream centers removed. The more you use, the thicker the crust.
- 5-6 tbsp. of butter
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 5 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Get out your cream cheese, eggs and cream and let sit while making the crust so that they are at or close to room temp by the time you need them.
- Grind up cookies in a blender or food processor. Mix cookies, sugar, salt and butter in a bowl until combined and press into the bottom and about an inch or two up the sides of a 10″ springform pan (springform pan is key, make sure you have one). Place in refrigerator while you make the cheesecake.
- DO NOT PREHEAT YOUR OVEN. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, eggs, egg yolks and vanilla; mix until smooth. Add in the sugar, flour and heavy cream and blend until smooth. Do not over-mix as this will create more air bubbles which can contribute to your cake cracking. Pour batter into your prepared, chilled crust.
- Place your cake in the oven and then turn it on to 400 degrees (F). Bake for 10 minutes (You can bake it up to 15 minutes if you’d like the top to brown a bit). Turn the oven down to 200 degrees (F). Bake for 3 hours. Then turn the over off, prop open the door slightly and let cool for 1 hour. Finally, place in your refrigerator and chill for a full 24 hours before removing the springform pan’s side and serving.
Photo credit: Back to the Cutting Board / flickr.com / CC BY-NC-ND
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com