Recipe for Power Green Smoothie – This smoothie is chock-full of green goodness. Pineapple and pear balance the leafy greens making this a go-to smoothie at any time.
- 1 cup kale, washed, leaves pulled off, stalks discarded (about 3 large stems)
- 1 cup spinach, washed, stems trimmed
- 1/2 pear, washed, peel on and diced
- 1 medium banana, peeled and quartered
- 1 1/2 cup frozen or fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Vanilla almond beverage
- Put all the ingredients into a blender cup and blend until smooth. Adjust for taste. Add more pineapple for acidity or more maple syrup for more sweetness. Serve cold immediately.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista