Recipe for Tex-Mex Bake – Looking for a delicious, quick-to-fix meal? Our recipe for Tex-Mex Bake fits the bill. It’s filling (with great Tex-Mex flavor), easy to make, and it can feed a lot of people.
- 2 cups crushed corn chips
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 pound lean ground beef (at least 85% lean)
- 4-ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 medium green bell pepper or large seeded poblano, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine corn chips, egg, and water; press into 9-inch pie plate or casserole dish. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup mix, ground beef, chiles, and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Evenly spread the mixture in the prepared crust. Top with tomato sauce, then the chopped green pepper or poblano. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Top with the remaining cheese, then bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and beef is done. Makes about 6 servings.
Recipe and Photo: Steven Labinski