Recipe for Lazy Chicken – I have made this on several times, and everyone loves it. There is hidden zucchini in this but it tastes so wonderful that no one will ever know!
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into bite size chunks
- 2 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- Steak seasoning
- 1/2 chicken stock
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 14oz. can crushed or petite diced tomatoes
- 10 basil leaves, coarsely chopped (I used 1 tbsp. dried basil)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- In a deep skillet (oven save) brown the chicken on med-high heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper while it cooks. After a few minutes, remove chicken. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan. Add a layer of thin sliced potatoes and onion. Sprinkle the potatoes and onion with steak seasoning. Let potatoes and onions cook turning occasionally but maintain a thin layer until the brown all over. Add a little broth to the pan. Spread a thin layer of zucchini across the top of potatoes and onion. Sprinkle zucchini with steak season as well.
- Top with chicken making an even layer over the veggies. Dump the tomatoes evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle with herbs. Cover and cook until chicken is done and veggies soft, about 10 minutes.
- Next sprinkle with cheese and place pan under broiler or a minute until cheese melts and begins to brown. Serve from the hot pan at the table and add a green salad, rolls or muffins! YUM!!
Recipe and Photo: EAt iT uP