Recipe for Citrus Chicken – Citrus chicken is a great go-to recipe to some zest to ordinary chicken.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh orange or tangerine sections, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange or tangerine peel
- 1/2 teaspoon Sweet 'N Low zero calorie sweetener
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh orange or tangerine juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons water
- In non-stick skillet in hot oil, brown chicken; remove from skillet. Add red pepper, onion, water chestnuts, garlic and ginger root; cook and stir about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken, orange juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, Sweet 'N Low, orange peel and crushed red pepper; bring to a boil. Cover; simmer 10 - 15 minutes.
- Add orange sections; cook about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter; keep warm.
- In cup, mix flour and water; add to skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes.
Recipe and Photo: Sweet ‘n’ Low