Recipe for Scarecrow Treats – These Halloween desserts, topped with candy corn, are chewy and delicious.
- 1 (15.25- to 16.5-ounce) package pudding in the mix yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 1 Land O Lakes® Egg
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup candy corn
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix and butter in bowl. Beat on low speed until well mixed. Add egg; continue beating until well mixed.
- Press onto bottom of ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake 12-15 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Immediately sprinkle marshmallows over hot, partially baked crust. Return to oven; continue baking 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows puff.
- Combine corn syrup, sugar and brown sugar in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring 2-4 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Stir in cereal, peanuts and candy corn. Immediately spoon over marshmallows; spread to cover. Cool completely. Cut into bars.
Recipe and Photo: Land O Lakes