Recipe for Caesar BLT Pasta Salad – Not only are pasta salads easy to throw together, but they also feed big crowds and are a perfect side dish for just about everything.
- 16 oz. mini farfalle (bowties)
- 1 lb. bacon
- 1 pint sugar plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 c. Gardini’s Caesar dressing
- 1 c. sliced black olives
- 1/2 c. parmesan
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 c. chopped romaine lettuce
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water to al dente, then drain. (I cooked mine the night before and tossed it with the olive oil and lemon juice and marinated it in the refrigerator overnight.) This keeps the pasta from sticking together.
- Cut the bacon into bite size pieces and cook in a large skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Discard the bacon grease; leaving just a tablespoon or so in the skillet. Add the sliced tomatoes and minced garlic and toss in the skillet for just a couple of minutes to cook the garlic and soften the tomatoes. Remove from heat and let sit until cool.
- Since the pasta is nice and cold from being refrigerated overnight; just mix in the Caesar dressing, bacon, tomato mixture, olives and Parmesan, then toss in the chopped lettuce at the end and it’s ready to go! Serve at room temperature.
Recipe and Photo: Big Sis Lil Sis