Recipe for Baked Potato Casserole – This Baked Potato Casserole has creamy potatoes, cheddar cheese and turkey bacon blended together and baked to perfection. This side dish is sure to put a smile on everyone’s face
- 8 medium potatoes (about 2 12 to 3 lb. total), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk, NESTLES CARNATION
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded 2% cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- PLACE potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Grease 2 1- to 3-quart casserole dish.
- RETURN potatoes to saucepan; add evaporated milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Beat with hand-held mixer until smooth. Stir in 1 1 cups cheese and half of bacon. Spoon mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese, remaining bacon and green onions. Bake for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This casserole can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated. Cover with foil and bake at 350F for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated. Uncover; top with cheese, bacon and green onions; bake for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Verybestbaking.com