Recipe for Pizza Rolls – These pizza rolls are so cute, and not hard to make. Plus it’s pizza…so EVERYONE will love them!
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. instant yeast
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup hot tap water
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup (more or less) mozzarella cheese
- 3-4 Tbsp. melted butter
- 3/4 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
Make the dough
- Place flour, yeast, and salt into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with dough hook. Pulse a second or two to combine dry ingredients. Add oil and hot tap water and mix for about 10 seconds. If it looks too wet, add a little more flour, if it's too dry, add a little more water. (NOTE: You want it wet enough to leave a little residue on the side of the bowl at this point but not so wet that it's gooey.) Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Dough should be a little sticky to the touch. Do not add any flour or water after the dough is done mixing.
- Form the dough into a ball, put it in a deep oiled bowl, and cover with plastic wrap,a damp towel or a lid. Let rise until doubled in size (times will vary, so just keep an eye on it). Punch dough to deflate it.
- Make pizza crust according to directions and let raise once. After it has risen, turn it onto a counter sprayed with cooking spray and roll it out thin, in the shape of a rectangle. Spread sauce; you may only need 1/2-3/4 cup but you can use the rest for dipping after the rolls are cooked. Add cheese and start rolling the dough tightly in a neat line. When there's about an inch of dough left, stop rolling and pull the edge up and over, pinching it closed.
- With a piece of dental floss (preferably not the mint kind), slide it under the roll and pinch off pieces about 1-inch thick. Lay the rolls in a 13x9-inch baking pan, sprayed with cooking spray. You should get about 12 rolls out of the dough. Cover lightly and let raise until about doubled.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine melted butter and Italian seasoning and brush over the tops of the rolls. Bake for about 17-20 minutes.
- Serve warm either plain or with extra pizza sauce for dipping.
Recipe and Photo: Emily’s Recipe Collection