It’s so easy to enjoy this classic sub in casserole form! Grab a fork and sink your teeth in to this delectable Meatball Sub Casserole.
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 pound pkg. frozen meatballs, thawed
- 1 28-oz. jar pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer in an ungreased 13″x9″ baking pan; set aside. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and seasonings; spread over bread slices.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese; set aside. Gently mix together meatballs, spaghetti sauce and water; spoon over cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: GooseberryPatch.com