I love smoothies, and this delicious one will take you straight to a colorful sunrise on your favorite beach.
- 2 Cara-Cara oranges
- 2 regular oranges
- (store bought orange juice can be used instead of fresh, 1/2 – 3/4 cup)
- Fresh pineapple, cut into chunks, about 1/2 cup
- 3 large strawberries
- Watermelon Juice, or fresh watermelon chunks, about 1/4 cup
- Sliced and frozen banana (fresh works too)
- Frozen mango
- Frozen strawberries
For yellow layer:
- Juice all four oranges and pour into blender.
- Add frozen bananas and blend until smooth.
- Add pineapple and frozen mango, blend until smooth. (Add more orange juice to get things moving if needed)
- Pour into two glasses, stopping when filled half way. Leave any excess smoothie in the blender.
For pink layer:
- Add watermelon juice and/or chunks, fresh and frozen strawberries to blender, blend until smooth
- Pour over yellow layers. Use spoon or straw to created swirled effect if desired.
Cara-Cara oranges are a small navel orange that is pink on the inside. If you can not find them; use pink grapefruit if you want a more tart flavor, more watermelon if you want a brighter pink, or regular oranges if you want the orange flavor and less pink color.
Recipe and Photo: Freshly Fabulous