We love margherita pizza, so we decided to try the same idea in a chicken dish! This was incredibly easy, and it turned out wonderful.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups Ragú Old World Style Margherita Smooth Pasta Sauce
- 4 slices fresh or packaged mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken, turning once, about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce and simmer, covered, 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Top chicken with cheese, then let stand until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Garnish with basil.
- Serve, if desired, with hot cooked penne pasta topped with additional pasta sauce, heated.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Ragu.com