Recipe for Crock Pot Swiss Steak – Throw together round steak, potatoes, carrots, onions and tomatoes before you go to work. It’ll be ready to enjoy when you get home.
- 1 1/2 lb boneless beef round steak
- 1/2 teaspoon peppered seasoned salt
- 6 to 8 small red potatoes, cut into fourths
- 1 1/2 cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, undrained
- 1 jar (12 oz) beef gravy
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Cut beef into 6 serving pieces. Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with seasoned salt. Cook in skillet 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, layer potatoes, carrots, beef and onion. In medium bowl, mix tomatoes and gravy; spoon over mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours. Sprinkle with parsley.
Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.